Sunday 16 May 2010

Featured Artist: Uncle Bakongo


Uncle Bakongo first came into my ears over a year ago, we got a few questions in with Roska; the man behind the music...


Well firstly, for those that don't know; where are you from? and what do you do?

I'm from the London jungle. I produce tribal music for Roska Kicks & Snares


How would you describe the music you currently output?

Kicks, Snares Bongo's and Congo's


Who do you see as your most influential contemporaries?

I dont really have any main influences but I listen to a lot of African music and Reggae influenced music which helps me to obtain my sound.


With this huge influx of minimal percussion and a great use of space in a lot of tracks from various big producers right now, is hype dead?

Hype is what you make it. I believe in making good music.


What do you listen to at home?

I listen to all music, but a lot of Reggae and Calypso music.


What are you doing for the rest of 2010?

I have a track coming out on Brainmath called 'Amhara' later this year


Why do you think all this "world" influence is suddenly jumping into the scene?

I think everyone is opening their ears to different sounds.


You can check out more Bakongo beats at the MYSPACE or alternative check the box below where you can also buy some of Bakongo's releases.


Read full review of Maasai - Uncle Bakongo on Boomkat.com ©

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Created by : smadamr